Registration of Exporters, Fishing Vessels and other Processing entities is one of the statutory functions of MPEDA under Section 9(2) (b) and (h) of the MPEDA Act 1972. Registration as an exporter is granted under section 9(2) (h) of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) Act 1972 read with rules 40-42 of MPEDA Rules, 1972. Registration is done for the following categories viz. Manufacturer Exporter, Merchant , Route through Merchant & Ornamental Fish Exporter and also for entities such as Fishing Vessels, Processing Plants, Storage Premises, Conveyance, Pre-Processing Centres, Live Fish Handling Centre, Chilled Fish Handling Centre, Dried Fish Handling Centre, Independent Cold Storages And ice plants
The following services are rendered by Marketing Section for the benefit of the trade.
- Dissemination of market information & trade enquiries to trade
- Taking up problems/issues of the industry with appropriate agency / organizations working under Govt. of India.
- Redressal of quality and trade disputes.
- Providing suggestions / proposals for pre-budget exercise of the Union Government related to seafood sector.
Seafood processing units in India are approved by the Export Inspection Council of India. Approvals are given as either Units eligible to export to European Union or as Units eligible to export to countries other than European Union.
Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (FSVPS) is also approving seafood processing units in India and giving license to export marine products to Russia. Links are provided to obtain the list of approved units in India under the categories EU approved, Non- EU approved and Units approved by Russian Federation.
Exporter Directory is the consolidated list of all exporters registered with MPEDA. The details of exporter includes the complete postal address, name of the Chief Executive, contact numbers, e-mail address, location and product details. Exporter Directory is provided in a searchable form, by which interested people can search exporters by Company Name, Location / Place, State, Exporter Type, Process Type, Variety and Products offered by the exporter. The Exporter Directory is also available in CD form which is available for purchase from all MPEDA offices.
- Weekly Price of Marine Products 5th week May 2014
- Weekly Price of Marine Products 3rd week June 2014
- Prime 25 JUNE 3rd WEEK 2015
- Weekly Price of Marine Products 4th week June 2014
- Prime 27 JULY 1st WEEK 2015
- Prime 24 JUNE 2nd WEEK 2015
- Weekly Price of Marine Products 4th week May 2014
- Prime 26 JUNE 4th WEEK 2015
- Prime 23 JUNE 1st WEEK 2015
1. What are the actions taken by MPEDA in promoting Indian Seafood Exports abroad?
Participation in international fairs
For export promotion, MPEDA participates in major international seafood fairs in the world and displays a wide range of India's products especially value added products to generate awareness and demand.
- Sagarika 2017-18 (Second Issue)
- Sagarika 2017-18 (First-Issue)
- Sagarika 2016-17 (Second Issue)
- Price list of MPEDA publications
- Advertisement tariff of MPEDA Newsletter
- MPEDA Newsletter
- MPEDA Annual Reports:
- Chinese Webinar Presentation
- COVID GUIDELINES
- LIST OF AWARDEES FOR THE YEAR 2018-19
- MPEDA EXPORT AWARD 2017-18
- Sagarika 2015-16 (Second Issue)